Sunday, November 20, 2011

Hush, Hush Series

For Nora Grey, romance was not part of the plan. She's never been particularly attracted to the boys at her school, no matter how much her best friend, Vee, pushes them at her...until Patch comes along.
With his easy smile and eyes that seem to see inside her, Nora is drawn to him against her better judgment, but after a series of terrifying encounters, Nora's not sure whom to trust. Patch seems to be everywhere she is, and to know more about her than her closest friends. She can't decide whether she should fall into his arms or run and hide. And when she tries to seek some answers, she finds herself near a truth that is far more unsettling than anything Patch makes her feel.
For Nora is right in the middle of an ancient battle between the immortal and those that have fallen - and when it comes to choosing sides, the wrong choice will cost her life.

---


OK, first impression was, as I mentioned in a previous blog post was that when I started reading it kinda seemed like a cross between the Fallen series by Lauren Kate and the Twilight series by Stephanie Myers. Beyond the fact of fallen angels, the Fallen series loosed its connections. However, the Twilight series still came to mind, even when I was reading the other two books.
I absolutely loved this book. Couldn't put it down and finished it in about 24 hours or less. I was surprised that I loved it so much, but it kept nagging at my mind. I read it whenever I had a chance and kinda wish that I made it last. Oh, well, cant get that back.
Nora and Patch aren't really common names for characters in a book quite as brilliant as this one, but I enjoyed the difference. I love how the story of the fallen and their spawn are portrayed in this story. You would think that they wouldn't hate the people who made their kind, but I guess logic isn't a part of this story for them. I mean, c`mon. The fallen angels gave the Nephil life, so they could at least spare two weeks of their life. Sheesh.
Another thing I LOVED about this book was that Patch and Nora didn't fall in love to quickly. They had their first kiss near the end of the story, and their romance wasn't rushed. That's what frustrates me about modern day romance novels. Its like, "Oh, I barely know you and I'm too impatient to let our feelings simmer, so Ill just say I love you now and get it over with". So, so, so ANNOYING!
Patch and Nora`s feelings for each other were discovered SLOWLY, their attraction shimmering under the surface until they were confused with it. That, my friends, is EPIC!
I rate this book a 5 out of 5.
---
Nora Grey's life is still far from perfect. Surviving an attempt on her life wasn't pleasant, but at least she got a guardian angel out of it: a mysterious, magnetic, gorgeous guardian angel. But, despite his role in her life, Patch has been acting anything but angelic. He's more elusive than ever and even worse, he's started spending time with Nora's arch-enemy, Marcie Millar.

Nora would have hardly noticed Scott Parnell, an old family friend who has moved back to town, if Patch hadn't been acting so distant. Even with Scott's totally infuriating attitude Nora finds herself drawn to him - despite her lingering feeling that he's hiding something.

Haunted by images of her murdered father, and questioning whether her nephilim bloodline has anything to do with his death, Nora puts herself increasingly in dangerous situations as she desperately searches for answers. But maybe some things are better left buried, because the truth could destroy everything - and everyone - she trusts
---

Their isn't much opinion to this one. I read some of the beginning, got angry at the results, and skipped to the ending.
When you don't like the book, skip to the ending. It will save you the horror of reading it, but will give you answers. Well, not all. Still wondering how Marcie and Nora can be sisters and around the same age.
Okay! Spoiler there. Sorry, but its true.
I absolutely despised the turn of the events, the lies and EVERYTHING in this book. It started out so beautifully and ended with a cliffhanger! So, I propelled myself into Silence despite the fact that I resented the events in this book.
I kinda spared the book a little and gave it a 2 out of 5.

---

The noise between Patch and Nora is gone. They've overcome the secrets riddled in Patch's dark past...bridged two irreconcilable worlds...faced heart-wrenching tests of betrayal, loyalty and trust...and all for a love that will transcend the boundary between heaven and earth. Armed with nothing but their absolute faith in one another, Patch and Nora enter a desperate fight to stop a villain who holds the power to shatter everything they've worked for—and their love—forever.
I stayed up most of the night and read through out this morning to finish this book. It was... wowzers! I couldn't turn the pages fast enough. It was defiantly a step up from the second book, and I appreciated that. SO many questions were answered, and the way it was placed in sequence made me sit on edge. I tried to go to sleep, but questions kept buzzing in my mind! So, now I'm sleep deprived and cranky.
Oh, well.
One thing I'm wondering about is how the next book is going to be written. There isn't really any questions to be asked by the end of the book except for "How is Nora going to control the Nephil?"
I really suggest this book, and Hush, Hush, to every single one of you if you haven't read it. I was prepared to not like it, but I was proven wrong!
Rated this 5 out of 5.

Honestly, I think that Becca should have stopped with Hush, Hush. I don't think she ruined the book, but it probably would have done better without the second and third books giving it a twisted plot. Not that I didn't love Silence. I did, honest.
Share my opinion or not? Go to the little chat box at the bottom of the page and drop a message about it.

<3: Ce-Ce Wroth

P.S: I'm trying to make a button for my page, and would love for some help. Any volunteers?

1 comments:

Sarah (saz101) said...

Oh, I loved Hush, Hush, despite the whole 'my boyfriend tried to murder me but I'm OK with that,' being seriously creepy. Crescendo drove me NUTS. Nora was a moron. I wanted to shake her!

I seriously can't wait to get my hands on Silence, though :D