Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Review: Infinity


 
At fourteen, Nick Gautier thinks he knows everything about the world around him. Streetwise, tough and savvy, his quick sarcasm is the stuff of legends. . .until the night when his best friends try to kill him. Saved by a mysterious warrior who has more fighting skills than Chuck Norris, Nick is sucked into the realm of the Dark-Hunters: immortal vampire slayers who risk everything to save humanity.

Nick quickly learns that the human world is only a veil for a much larger and more dangerous one: a world where the captain of the football team is a werewolf and the girl he has a crush on goes out at night to stake the undead.

But before he can even learn the rules of this new world, his fellow students are turning into flesh eating zombies. And he's next on the menu.

As if starting high school isn't hard enough. . .now Nick has to hide his new friends from his mom, his chainsaw from the principal, and keep the zombies and the demon Simi from eating his brains, all without getting grounded or suspended. How in the world is he supposed to do that?
- From Goodreads


 I am a big fan of Sherrilyn Kenyon, and when I came across this series, I was soo excited. Its not secret that Im not reading the Dark-Hunter novels in order, but I came across Nick in them a few times. I was curious about his past, as Im pretty sure a lot of people are, so I ordered this from the library.
Kenyon is a fantastic writer, but when I read the sysnopsis I was like -- what? Zombies? I was so used to her vampires, and although I wasnt disapointed in that category, I was a little reluctant to read it. But, alas, I read it.
I wasnt dissapointed in the book at all. Zombies just arent my thing, even if they are all the rage going on now. But, this book was so much more than that. I got to see my favorite character, Simi, and my even more favorite character, Ash.
The epilog instantly gets you alert from the air of mystery, and it makes you want to read on to understand why its written. There are so much emotions through out this book, and you cant help but feel the prickling of tears, or excitement because some badguy is rightously getting his ass kicked.
The zombie thing was new, though, with how they were made and all, and I appreciated that. You might be able to bend the vampire legend (and make them sparkle for some stupid reason), but you cant really do much about zombies. Their just brain sucking monsters. Period. But, I think those zombie fans out there will still love these flesh rotting, grotesque beings, so theres no worry in that category.
Another thing I loved about this book was the chast of characters. There are quite a few from the Dark-Hunter novels, but there are also quite a few new characters who instantly impact the story. Kenyon is great at making new personalities, and when I say personalities, I mean they will have you ROFLing -- in real life.
But aside from that, I was happy to see into Nick`s life. I learned things that I hadnt before, and when it ended, I wished I had the sequal. Kenyon seems to be good at cliffys too. I belive that this series will be just as big as her Dark-Hunter novels, and I cant wait to dive into the other books to see exactly who-- and what!-- Nick Gautier is.

My Rating:


(4 out of 5)


0 comments: