Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Excerpt: Demon Vampire

“DON'T YOU FUCKING TOUCH HER!!!” Rebekkah screamed at Fear. She was crouched over Love's eviscerated body. She had been flayed open. Her chest cut down to her left hip. Her clothing was ripped open, she was dead. Her long blond hair was stained in her own red blood. Besides holding Love's soaked hand, Rebekkah was unscathed. She was fine, unhurt, unharmed.

 “I don't need to argue with you.” Fear stood proud. He increased his fear aura, forcing Rebekkah to stop talking. “I will do whatever I want with her. It was her bargain, not mine.” Fear approached Love's rendered body. “Look, she's already coming back.”
 Love's hand began to twitch, she gasped for a breath. Her open wound started to close, sealing itself as her life returned.
 “She is strong. That makes 7,289 kills. She is amazing, Rebekkah. You should be thankful I made her.” Fear surveyed Love's beaten, bloodied chest. “It's been many years since I've sired anyone. I'm surprised that I can make someone this strong.” Fear smiled as she opened her eyes.
 Love said nothing. She had become laconic. Her situation had become ambivalent. She got up, Rebekkah helped her. Love's dress was completely destroyed. “He didn't hurt you, did he?” Love asked Rebekkah as she limped to one side.
 Rebekkah held Love tight, embracing her. “No. I'm fine.”
 Love's eyes welled up with silent tears. “Good.”
 Fear walked to the window. He peered down. The town was bustling with people. It was dark out. This was his time to work. Fear smiled again. “I expect ten tonight.”

0 comments: