Thursday, March 14, 2013

Quick ARC Review: Highlander Most Wanted by Maya Banks

Highlander Most Wanted (The Montgomerys and Armstrongs, #2)Highlander Most Wanted by Maya Banks
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Omg, so what can I say about this book? First, I can say Im a slacker. How long have I finished this book...? Anywhoo, this is going to be a really hard review, not only for the time distance, but because there are so many things I loved about it!

I should start off by telling you for the first TEN chapters I bawled my eyes out. Its was that emotional. I wanted to jump into the book and yell at the people who were so mean to Genevieve! The romance was sweet, and I adored the setting. I was so engrossed in this story, and that is rare.



I was, however, unsatisfied with the pace with which the romance progressed. Its not that they rushed into anything, because they didnt, but I though that Bowen was too... nice. It also didnt help that I hadnt read the first, so I was slightly confused, ALTHOUGH it wasnt too bad. I caught on pretty fast.

The characters were quirky and enjoyable, and I loved reading about them. Basically, I cant really find anything wrong with this book, and I cant wait to read more! Maya Banks is an amazing writer, and this is an amazing book, and I would recommend it to anyone who loves highlanders and puppy love.



Genevieve McInnes is locked behind the fortified walls of McHugh Keep, captive of a cruel laird who takes great pleasure in ruining her for any other man. Yet when Bowen Montgomery storms the gates on a mission of clan warfare, Genevieve finds that her spirit is bent but not broken. Still, her path toward freedom remains uncertain. Unable to bear the shame of returning to a family that believes her dead or to abandon others at the keep to an imposing new laird, Genevieve opts for the peaceful life of an abbess. But Bowen’s rugged sensuality stirs something deep inside her that longs to be awakened by his patient, gentle caress—something warm, wicked, and tempting.

Bowen seizes his enemy’s keep, unprepared for the brooding and reclusive woman who captures his heart. He’s enchanted by her fierce determination, her unusual beauty, and her quiet, unfailing strength. But wooing her will take more than a seasoned seducer’s skill. For loving Genevieve, he discovers, means giving her back the freedom that was stolen from her—even if it means losing her forever
.

0 comments: