Saturday, March 16, 2013

Review: Waking up Married by Mira Lyn Kelly

Waking Up MarriedHer first thought: "Who are you?"

It's the morning after her cousin's bachelorette party in Vegas and Megan Scott wakes up with the mother of all hangovers. Even worse, she's in a stranger's penthouse having woken up with something else as well - a funny, arrogant, sexy...husband!
Up until now, finding even a boyfriend had seemed impossible - been there, got the broken heart, sworn off men for good. Then a few martinis with Carter...no, Connor Reed and she's gone from first meet to marriage in one night!
Megan wants a lawyer. But Connor's shocking bombshell?
"I don't want a divorce."


 Ok, so I don't normally read books like this, but I know Harlequin has a good collection and I enjoy reading their supernatural romances, so I thought I would give this a try. I found it on Netgalley and also got it from the B&N store. It took a while to start reading it, but I'm totally GLAD I did. 

I read this in only a few hours. By the time I went to bed my eyes were red rimmed from crying! It was amazing, and while the ending wasn't what I had hoped it would be, I was still pretty satisfied with it, and I usually hate endings because they are usually rushed.

Waking up Married took me on an emotional roller coaster ride. Its written so well that you get caught up with the characters, the situation, the setting... everything! I laughed my ass off, cried my eyes out, and whooped when they finally realized that they were right for each other!

And don't get me started on how much I wanted to hit them upside the head! Especially Connor.   His reaction to even a hint of emotion was so frustrating, and although his reasons for staying married and then wanting to be married to her are fuzzy and confusing, I still loved how well they fit and when he... OK, no spoilers. But it was frustrating! And good at the same time!!

How is that possible...?

Before I start rambling, I'm going to wrap up this post. Waking up Married is a great book for any of you looking for a good cry, ready to find a new couple to root for, and  if you love romance! I swear to you, you'll eat this story up! 

Not to mention, driving to Vegas as soon as you can, haha.   I would totally buy this book for my bookshelf and read more of Ms. Kelly`s writing. This books shouldn't be free! She should be making a profit on what has to be the best romance of the year!

Get a box of tissues and settle somewhere comfortable, because you wont be able to put this book down! Careful, though, this book isn't for young ones! -insert wink here- 

I rate this book :
                             5 out of 5 stars 

Q:What Romance book have you read recently that you loved? 

0 comments: