Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Review: Savage Angel by Stacy Gail

Ok, so first of all, you should listen to this, because it will totally get you prepared for this book.


Savage Angel is a roller coaster ride full of hair pulling, screaming, pity and hawtness. And yes, it was totally awesome! While the first book, Nobody`s Angel, wasnt really to my liking, I felt like the series really picked up with this one. There was a lot more ass-kicking, and a little less confusing. And I swear, I could actually keep up with the mystery (- Insert angels singing-). While it hit my pet peeve a little bit about falling in love for no absolute reason and falling too fast, it wasnt too bad considering they had a past (although a brief one) and Im certain more time had passed in this book than the author had let on.

Gotta work on that, Miss Gail!


At first I wasnt sure how angels even fit into this, but I was glad that it didnt stick to the same Nephilim theme that made up the first one. I mean, diversity rules, right? The writing was better, and the plot a lot more easier to follow, and the back stories beleiveable. I just wish that it was a bit more longer, haha.

I loved how the emotions strung me along. I was so caught up in this book it took the battery dying on my Nook to tear me away from it, and even then I was reluctant to put it down. I finished it an a day and a half. The ending was perfect, and if your a regular reader on my blog, you know that I'm always on the lookout for a perfect ending. I guarantee you wont be able to put this beauty down.

I absolutely loved Savage Angel, and I cant wait to read the next one. One question that nags at me though... How are these characters connected to the ones in the first book? Will they all eventually meet? I hope so... cant get too much testosterone exposure, eh? ;3

I  recommend this book to anyone looking for a short, hot read, or any fan of angels, fallen angels, Nephilim, or so forth. Not for anyone under 17, maybe 16. If you havnt read Nobody`s Angel yet, check it out. I dont see where you could go wrong reading out of order, either. You wont miss anything (but maybe an introduction into the Angel world).

I rate this book...

Four out of Five

Savage Angel (Earth Angels, #2) Feel nothing. Sara Savitch's personal mantra has been hard to live by ever since her torrid one-night stand with army doctor Gideon Mandeville. Descended from the Seraphim, angels known as heaven's soldiers, Sara may be an expert fighter, but she's an amateur when it comes to relationships.

Physically unharmed, but still battle-scarred, Gideon has returned to Dallas in the hopes of regaining his faith in humanity—and in himself. Instead he's walked into a nightmare. His father is on a serial killer's hit list, and has hired a personal bodyguard—the very woman who has haunted Gideon's dreams for a year.

As Sara works to build an impenetrable fortress around her client, she yearns to tear down the one around Gideon's heart. With his bitter rejection of warriors, will he ever be able to accept her true nature? Sara must find a way to trust Gideon with her secret as the killer closes in…

0 comments: