Saturday, May 4, 2013

Blogging Help: How to add the Text scroller to your posts

Have you seen those little boxes full of excerpts that you can scroll through, and they dont take up much room on your posts? Maybe Im not describing that, but here is an example of one of those, taken from my blog:

***Excerpt***
Excerpt, first kiss 
“I might tell you one of my secrets.” She gave him an oddly timid smile, as if she were unsure of her allure. “A false promise. You have no secrets from me.” “No?” “Not with that expressive mouth. And those eyes.” He stroked her chin. “And that jaw line.” She leaned into his touch. “Can you be sure?” “As sure as I am of anything. I knew you were hopping mad when you came in here, and it was not all about me.” “True.” She lifted her head away, just a fraction, from his hand. “But you didn’t seem to know you’d stung me in Mr. Swizzlewit’s office.” “I did know. But what you may not have known was that our solicitor had given me the worst of news, and I was angry with the world and ready to lash out. Unfortunately for you, and for me.” “For you?” “Most assuredly. For I knew it meant that later I would have to humble myself abjectly and plead for forgiveness.” “You did not need to.” “I did. You see, Miss Olivia Delancey, your good opinion means much to me, it turns out. I did not feel right after you left, not until I saw you walk through my door.” “Such flattery.” He shrugged. “Truth. We don’t go much in for lying here.” It was her turn to put her hand over her heart. “I thank you for your kind apology. It is accepted. Now may I do something for you?” He could imagine many things she could do. Likely none of them were what she was thinking of. “What?” “Come to Plymouth. I know the town well, and can guide you. We might even arrange to row out and meet the ship in harbor. A first.” “A scoop.” “Meet me at our house at Manor Gardens above Union Street. I’ll get you your story.” How could he say no? “Deal. And a finder’s fee.” He took her jaw in his hand again, thumb over her cheekbone, and pulled her gently toward him. He brushed his lips against hers. The barest whisper of a touch, but it pushed all the thunderclouds from his mind, making way for the sweet warmth of spring sun. Then she pressed back, and the sun grew hotter. His hips moved of their own accord closer to hers, possessive. Her hand on his chest, over his heart, seared him, marking him as hers. Footsteps sounded in the hallway, and they pulled away. Her gaze was softly intent, as if she were trying to read his mind. He prayed she could not.


Now do you get what Im talking about? They are very useful when it comes to saving room on your posts, and dont forget neat looking, too! I enjoy using them, and its easy to install onto your posts!

Here is the HTML code:

<div style="text-align: center;">
<b>***Excerpt***</b></div>
<center>
<div style="font-family: 'Times New Roman', Bold; font-size: 16px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; height: 500px; line-height: 26px; overflow: auto; width: 650px;">
<b>
INSERT DESIRED TEXT HERE!
</b></div>
</center>
<div style="text-align: center;">
<br /></div>
<div style="text-align: center;">

All you need to do is replace the red text with your excerpt or whatever you want in the scroll spot. Now, go to your dashboard, click new post, hit the HTML button and paste your code. Click back to the Compose button and look over your new scroll box, and if you wish to change anything, just simply click on it and delete a portion, seperate your paragraphs, or whatever!

Its that easy! Now, all you have to do is finish your post and click publish! Tada! You now have a text scroller box (or whatever you wish to call it). 

If you need any help, feel free to email me at gothiclove95(@)hotmail(dot)com or leave a message below.



 photo signature.png

0 comments: