Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Promo: Earth Angel (Falling Angels #2) by E.Van Lowe

 Hi readers! Lets give a big welcome to author E.Van Lowe to Celestial Reviews, with his promotional post for his new YA novel, Earth Angel, book two (2) in his Falling Angel series.



Song For My Father
The 1965 Jazz classic, Song For My Father, was written by pianist Horace Silver as an homage to his father.  Silver’s father had a great effect on the man he became.  Like Horace Silver, I owe my father a great deal.  I owe my writing career to him.  No, he didn’t inspire me to become a writer; instead, his inspiration came as a challenge to me when I was nine or ten years old.
It was at that age my local library in the Bronx, New York allowed kids to have their own library cards.  Having my own library card was a big deal to me.  A very big deal. That library card catapulted me into the ranks of Big Kids, for I no longer had to go to the library with my mother. 
As soon as I got my card I took out the maximum six books form the library.  When I walked home with all my books cradled in my arms that day, I felt my load of books screaming to my friends and neighbors “E. Van Lowe is no longer a baby.  Big Kid over here.”
I kept the books for the obligatory two weeks, took them back and got six more.  This went on for several months until one day my father (who was off work) stopped me as I was leaving the apartment.  “You didn’t read those books,” he said.
“Yes, I did.”
“No.  I’ve been watching you.  You may have thumbed through one or two, but you didn’t read any of them.”  And then he made the challenge.  “This time, why don’t you take out only two books and read them.”
You can imagine how upset I was.  I got a special feeling carrying those six books home every two weeks.  What kind of message would two books send:  “Look at that.  E. Van Lowe’s a weakling.  He can only carry two books.”  Fortunately for me, I was a dutiful kid and did what my father suggested—I only took out two books.  When I got home I read one of them.  I mean, I actually read it.  The book still had its share of pictures in it, but I found the story in the book mesmerizing.  I read it cover-to-cover.  I enjoyed it so much, I read it again.  Who knew reading could be so much fun?
The book was entitled Horse On A Houseboat.   I don’t remember the title of the second book I took out, don’t remember if I finished it.  What I still remember to this day, However, is that Horse On A Houseboat started my love affair with books.  It was a year or so later I decided I not only wanted to read books, I wanted to write them, too.

This post is my song for my father.  “Hey, Dad, I couldn’t have had the wonderful life I have without your little challenge.”  Look at me.  Today I am an author.  My novels Boyfriend From Hell, Earth Angel, and Heaven Sent are available in ebook and paperback. If you like what you’ve read here, I hope you’ll buy one of them.  They’re no Horse On A Houseboat, but then again, what is?
 


Earth Angel (Falling Angels Saga, #2)

Earth Angel (Falling Angels #2)

by
E. Van Lowe's "Earth Angel" is the second book in his series of the Falling Angels Saga. In this story, Megan winds up in a life-or-death battle to save herself, the angel she loves, and all of mankind from unspeakable evil.

 photo signature.png

0 comments: