Thursday, October 24, 2013

Character Inverview: Protector of the Flame by Isis Rushdan




Character Interview: Meet Cyrus
The covers for my paranormal romance series, the Kindred Chronicles, feature the heroine, Serenity. However, there’s no love story without a sinfully handsome hero who has oodles of charisma. I’ll let Cyrus take it away from here so readers can get to know him better.



Where are you from?
There are three main clans or Houses amongst Kindred. I’m from House Herut and grew up in the Himalayas.
Why are you referred to as Blessed?

Serenity and I are both Blessed. We’re the reincarnation of one of the Fallen—the original ancient beings who were cursed. Only a Blessed couple can break the curse that is eradicating Kindred. Our union is the greatest hope and threat in a thousand years. Once the curse is broken, freeing Kindred from the pain of the dark veil and blood rage, we’ll also lose our extraordinary powers. Some will do anything to prevent that from happening, and I do mean absolutely anything.

How old are you?

Two hundred and forty-six. That’s considered young amongst my kind.

What do you do for living?

Well, I don’t have a typical nine to five job. I was born a warrior, but groomed to be a politician.
In Protector of the Flame, my life is in a constant state of flux as is my job.

If I survive the impending war, I’ll take my place as one of the leaders of House Herut. I dread the day I’ll have to give up my sword, but I live by a code of duty and honor.

How do you go about getting what you want?

(Chuckles with a sly grin) In the bedroom, I take what I want as often as I’d like. Outside of the bedroom, the politician in me tempers my warrior side. I’m strategic about achieving my goals, but if you asked my mate she’d probably call me manipulative. I prefer to be called shrewd.

What do you look like?
It would be best to let my mate describe me. (He asks Serenity to join us and brings her up to speed.)
Serenity: In a nutshell, Cyrus is unequivocally the yummiest male I’ve ever seen.
Cyrus: (Clears throat.) As flattering as your response is, I doubt it helps anyone visualize me.
Serenity: Think Henry Cavill from The Man of Steel. Only sexier with mesmerizing eyes, longer hair and a tailor-made suit. And instead of a cape, a sword.
Cyrus: Who? What’s The Man of Steel?
Serenity: An actor in a movie.
Cyrus: Oh. Unlike my mate, I don’t watch movies.

In Protector of the Flame another male creates some havoc in your relationship.  Would you care to share more about the situation?
(Cyrus clenches his jaw and coils his hand into a fist. Serenity strokes his thigh lovingly. Tension eases a bit in the bulging veins in his neck. He wraps a protective arm around his mate and tugs her close.)
Cyrus: Serenity and I are forever. We’re one soul. If readers want to know anything else about that situation, they’ll have to read the book.

Do you think you’ll get your happily ever after?
Serenity: I don’t know if such a thing exists, but if it does, I hope so.
Cyrus: The odds aren’t in our favor. At least one rival clan wants us both dead and those from another House will do unspeakable things to prevent us from redeeming our kind. All I know for certain is that I’ll move heaven and earth to protect my mate. If I have to go to hell and kill every demon with my bare hands to ensure we survive, then I will.
Serenity: We will. (She takes his hand and holds his gaze.)

I hope you enjoyed getting to know Cyrus. Thank you for having us. It was a pleasure to be here!





Paranormal Romance
Date Published: 10/22/2013

Before Serenity and Cyrus can embark on a romantic honeymoon, one of their giftsfrom an immortal comes to life and unleashes a devastating series of events that forces them to make an unthinkable sacrifice. To undo the evil of dark magic, Serenity must travel to the immortals’ hold in Iceland. Alone.
Her journey leads to an island shrouded in mystery, where secrets from her past come to light…and she forms an inexplicable connection with a handsome, tempting healer who maypose the greatest risk of all. 
Cyrus comes close to unraveling without his mate, but refuses to let honor or duty keep themapart, even if it means the bloodshed of his own kinsmen. 
As the Great Council prepares to convene to determine their fate, friends become enemies, enemies become allies, and soul mates are pushed right to the edge—where love and faith is theironly hope of survival.
Warning: Contains soul mates put through the grinder, dark magic drama that will leave you reeling, angry sex that crumbles concrete, an alpha hero pushed over the edge, and a roller coaster full of twists.




 
Isis Rushdan



 photo signature.png

0 comments: