Sunday, October 13, 2013

Review: Cinder by Marissa Meyer

Cinder (Lunar Chronicles, #1)Cinder by Marissa Meyer
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

So, this is my first time I have ever read her books, and it did take me a while to get ahold of this one. I must say... Im impressed. I love fairytale retellings, and when I found out that this one is a steampunk-ish retelling, I just HAD to read it.

Although at some points I thought it was a little wordy and there were parts that I felt could have been skipped over, I realized at the end of the book that it was all actually necessary towards the perfection that was this book.



My emotions ran amuck. I actually felt something for Cinder (Which says something because Im not really a big fan of Cinderella), and at times I felt myself crying, laughing, and I found my heart beating fast as hurdle after hurdle came crashing toward Cinder.

Im also impressed with Cinder`s strength. While she fears, she holds strong and its not often that you find a main female character that holds strong through the book, and I can already tell that she doesnt weaken in the other installments.

The prince, however... he disappointing me. I would have liked to see more of his take, but the bits and pieces that I got from him were just... unnecessary and... bleh. I didn't like it. I mean, at first I was, but after that I just didn't connect, and that says something because when I first see a possible pairing, Im all for it. I don't even care if something happens with it, Im one of those people that would love to jump into the book and just fix everything.

But his actions at the end? I would love to jump in the book to shoot him at this point, it was just too sad. Maybe he will redeem himself in the next books?

Speaking of the next book, I am understanding that the lead male character is sooo much better than the Prince. Cant wait! -grin-

So, anyways, I love the characters (except the Prince, of course ( See rant above)), and I feel that they are strong people and I just CANNOT wait until they hash it out in the future installments.

Cant wait to read SCARLET!



Cinder (Lunar Chronicles, #1)

Cinder (Lunar Chronicles #1)

by
Humans and androids crowd the raucous streets of New Beijing. A deadly plague ravages the population. From space, a ruthless lunar people watch, waiting to make their move. No one knows that Earth’s fate hinges on one girl.

Cinder, a gifted mechanic, is a cyborg. She’s a second-class citizen with a mysterious past, reviled by her stepmother and blamed for her stepsister’s illness. But when her life becomes intertwined with the handsome Prince Kai’s, she suddenly finds herself at the center of an intergalactic struggle, and a forbidden attraction. Caught between duty and freedom, loyalty and betrayal, she must uncover secrets about her past in order to protect her world’s future


 photo signature.png
 

0 comments: