Thursday, November 21, 2013

Guest Post: Author of Sing for the Dead, PJ Schnyder

 Tour Banner - Sing for the Dead 800




How I Use Technology for Writing

Writing is simple and straightforward. Anything works. You can put pen to paper in a notebook, open up any word processing software and start typing, or find some way to record your words. I don’t believe there’s one true way to get things done. But I have created a unique approach for my writing based on the fact that I travel so much and can’t always take my laptop with me. Also, I have a love for trying out new apps.

     At home, I write on an AlienWare M11 laptop using Scrivener for Windows synced to Dropbox as backup.
     On travel, I write on an iPad using Quick Office HD Pro synced to Dropbox.
     I take notes in EverNote (synced to my laptop, iPad, and smartphone) and use DayOne to store pictures about places/things that inspire me with notes.
     I’m co-authoring the Ministry Initiative on Google Drive with JR Blackwell. There are times when we’re in the same chapter and it’s like seeing a ghost writing in your book with you. o.O

And that’s just the writing aspect of being a writer.

Let’s not try to get into all the apps and social media programs I use to stay accessible and interact with my readers. Suffice it to say, it’s important to me to try to be as accessible as I can be. XD

I very much hope you all enjoy Sing for the Dead, and maybe ponder how it was written at home and on the road plus some time in the air.

Play find the PJ around the Internetz:

Twitter: @pjschnyder


Sing For The Dead Cover

Kayden, a lone were-leopard allied with the London werewolf pack to keep the zombie infestation in check, is used to working solo—until he discovers a beautiful fae woman surrounded by the aftermath of battle. He’s immediately drawn to Sorcha, but quickly discovers she’s much more than a pretty face.
Half Bean Sidhe and half berserker, Sorcha trained over centuries to become the perfect warrior. She agrees to work with local weres to investigate a new type of zombie capable of coordinated attacks—and is partnered with Kayden. He’s strong, darkly handsome and completely unafraid of her. And his kiss fills her with insatiable desire instead of bloodlust.
As Kayden and Sorcha work together, their attraction grows and their deepest scars are bared to each other. But with the force behind the deadly new zombies poised to overwhelm the city, Sorcha can only pray that the next time her bloodlust strikes, Kayden isn’t among the fallen…


 photo signature.png

0 comments: