Thursday, January 9, 2014

Review: Rome by Jay Crownover


Rome (Marked Men, #3)

Rome (Marked Men #3)by Sometimes the wrong choice can be just right . . .
Fun and fearless, Cora Lewis knows how to keep her tattooed "bad boy" friends at the Marked in line. But beneath all that flash and sass is a broken heart. Cora won't let herself get burned again. She's waiting to fall in love with the perfect man—a baggage-free, drama-free guy ready for commitment. Then she meets Rome Archer.
 
Rome Archer is as far from perfect as a man can be. He's stubborn, rigid, and bossy. And he's returned from his final tour of duty more than a little broken. Rome's used to filling many roles: big brother, doting son, supersoldier—but none of those fit anymore. Now he's just a man trying to figure out what to do with the rest of his life while keeping the dark demons of war and loss at bay. He would have been glad to suffer through it alone, until Cora comes sweeping into his life and becomes a blinding flash of color in a sea of gray.Perfect may not be in the cards, but perfectly imperfect could just last forever . . 

























Jay Crownover`s Marked Men series has been one wild, passionate and totally drama filled book after another. And this one did not disappoint. While Rule is still my favorite, Rome is special because of its twists and turns and freaking DRAMA. Not that much, but just enough to make me not want to put down the book.

I finished this book in one day. Hell, within a few hours. It is also the first book of the new years for me, so yay! Anywhoo, so when I had read Jet and was doing my review and I had looked on goodreads and was reading other reviews, I had noticed that not all of Jay`s fan base was impressed with it. Still not entirely sure why, but not everyone was. I guarantee you WILL be impressed with Rome. Seriously.

Rome has to be the sexiest, most scarred one of them yet. He has his own issues that make you want to slap him, but man do you just want to hug him tightly -- insert that winky face!-- and never let go. Hes perfectly devoted despite his flaws and I love how he can be both dominate with his woman and in life.

Cora, well she just surprised me. She came across to me as a punk chick who was not afraid to open her mouth and say anything. But in Rome I saw another side of her and I was in awe. Granted, I had my moments where I just wanted to bitch slap her too, but I half understand and sympathize for her. But still, I did wish she could meet my pimp hand.

I loved watching both of them grow -- because yes, they both needed to grow up and move past their, well, past, and get on with their lives. Throw in a few twists and turns and surprises and we have a very combustible book! I mean the spark between the two, please don't try to set your book on fire.

I can say one thing, though. Nash`s book is next, I believe, and the build up in this book for the next book is JUICY. I have no doubt that this series is going to get even better. I cant wait!


I seriously loved this book, cant wait to re-read it, and I rate it FIVE stars. You guys should go out and buy it as soon as you can, and if you haven't read the other two in the series, Rule and Jet, you should get those too because it will be the best thing you do!




 photo signature.png



1 comments:

Heather J @ TLC Book Tours said...

Juicy drama is the best kind! These books are super hot. So glad you're enjoying them.

Thanks for being on the tour.