Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Review: Hatshepsut`s Collar by A.W. Exley (Artifact Hunters #2)

 
Hatshepsut's Collar (Artifact Hunters #2)

Hatshepsut's Collar (Artifact Hunters #2)

by
"Loving you is easy, it's living with you that's killing me."

An ancient Egyptian artifact is driving Queen Victoria insane, and that's not top of Cara Devon's growing list of problems.

Viscount Nathaniel Lyons is a man of numerous secrets, but there is one in particular that threatens his fledgling relationship with Cara. Stunned by Nate's revelation, and before she can absorb the ramifications of his actions, he is arrested, charged with treason and imprisoned in the grim Tower of London. He stole something the mad queen wants, and only has days to deliver, before his date with the executioner.

Although sorely tempted, Cara can't let him die on Tower Green, not when their connection means she would share his fate.

Only together can Cara and Nate figure out how to wrestle Hatshepsut's Collar from around the queen's neck, before she plunges Britain into a world war. The search for answers sends Cara to the opulent Winter Palace of St Petersburg and the frozen depths of Siberia, with every step shadowed by an enemy with his own dark plans.


Let me start off by saying that I was very  nervous to start this book. In past experiences, authors like to screw with people and mess up the main character`s relationship in the second book. I dunno why, they just do. I read the back of the book and a foreboding feeling came over me when I read that a secret Nate has been keeping will threaten his and Cara`s relationship.

Seriously? But I will admit, it wasnt that bad. Actually added a little bit of juicy drama to it.

And this book had plenty of drama.

While there really isnt a mystery to solve in this book, there is plenty more steampunk and even a dash of fantasy. Instead of them racing against time to find a killer, their racing to save on of their own from being killed - for treason.

This book made me wish I was more familiar with England`s history. Man, things are bloodthirsty. More Egyptian mythology and history is added, and these pages bring more lands than just same old England.

I cant say if this book was better than the first. I guess, in my opinion, they were both equally fantastic! I cant wait for the third book -- Im totally hooked on this series.

Again, those secondary characters I really loved are present as some point, and they only enhanced the book even more! I was looking for any betrayal among friends, and was poised on the edge of my seat to see what would happen next. You will have to read the book to find out why I was so excited and turned the pages as fast as I could. Again, as with the first one, I had a hard time putting this book down. 

So, in fear of accidentally ruining this story in my excitement, there really isn't more to say. Its just one endless book of excitement, passion, betrayal and fantasy. 

I recommend this series to anyone who wants to try something new, or if you really like steampunk or Egypt or even English history. Its amazing, and you should check it out!

 photo signature.png

0 comments: