Monday, June 30, 2014

Review: Dangerous Protector


Dangerous Protector (Federal Paranormal Unit, #2)

Dangerous Protector (Federal Paranormal Unit #2)

by
Dangerous Protector
Federal Paranormal Unit Book 2

If you run from love, you're asking for a chase...

James Brock lived the past ten years without the woman he loves. Using his job as head of the Federal Paranormal Unit to help others, he's done a good job of ignoring his lack of a personal life until she returns. His salvation. His first love.

Cynthia Vega had a very good reason to leave the only man she loved after she'd accepted his marriage proposal. Now she's back as his boss. And he's not willing to ignore their chemistry or the past.

Brock is determined to claim his mate and prove that their passion is even hotter than before. He wants her and her explanation behind their separation. Except, some secrets won't stay buried in the past. Brock will fight his demons to follow her lead, but Cynthia's reluctance to explain their lost love may be the one key to their destruction..

 
My first Milly Taiden book. I do wish I had read the first book, but quite honestly I wasn't that lost without it. While I thought it was kind of slow paced at first, it did pick up with a nice mystery and hot chemistry. I found myself frustrated with Cyn a bit, and quite honestly at Brock, too.

The characters were awesome, and I look forward to reading more in the series and going back to read the first book. The only real problem I had with this book was why Cyn  left in the first place. I mean, you go through the agony (along with Brock) about why she left and then it all comes out and your like, "Thats it?". 

When it all comes down to it, I rate this book 4 stars. There isnt much to say about how much I like this book, especially without giving any more away. Im hoping the next book I read of hers is a five star.

 photo signature.png

0 comments: