Wednesday, May 6, 2015

ARC Review: With Visions of Red by Trisha Wolfe



With Visions of Red
 

With Visions of Red (Broken Bonds #1)

by
Criminal profiler Sadie Bonds knows blood. Her affair with the gruesome, dark world of killers began long before she started applying her analytical skills to investigate gory crime scenes. She gets inside the killers’ heads, breaks them down, relates to them on an arcane level. She prefers it this way—because it’s safer to ally herself with the villain than the victim. At least, that’s how she’s coped ever since she was abducted and tortured as a teen.

She will never be a victim again.

Now, she’s honed her skills in order to bring justice to these ritualistic offenders. Working alongside her colleagues, armed with sharp wit and a SIG, Sadie always catches her sadist. Until one ruthless serial killer gets inside Sadie’s head, turning the tables. He knows her secrets. Her obsessions. The darkest, most deviant part of her soul.


When she meets Colton Reed, dangerous stakes are raised as he threatens to unravel her control and reveal her darkest fantasies. The sexy-as-sin bondage rigger at an exclusive BDSM club pushes her boundaries, forcing her to acknowledge that side of herself she fears. Plunged into a realm of torture and suffering, pain and pleasure, Sadie balances on the razor-sharp edge of two intersecting worlds threatening to swallow her.

Passion and lust ignite. Dark and light battle. This explosive first installment of the Broken Bonds series sets the exhilarating pace for a cat and mouse game where no one knows who’s really pulling the strings.


My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Its no secret that I love Trisha Wolfe and her work, and of course I was really excited when I found out about this thriller, and even more so when I saw that beautiful, sexy cover.

Lets just say, I was NOT disappointed in this book. It exceeded all of my expectations and then some. I had been struggling to get into books lately, but I was sucked in from the first paragraph and I didn't want to put this book down. This isn't the first time that Trisha has re-kindled my love for reading, and I love her for it!

This thriller was well written- as good as a James Patterson book, in my opinion- and extremely sexy. I love reading about Sadie`s struggles, and about Colt, and their uncertain relationship. I love how I was able to grow with Sadie, watch her come out of her shell a little, and I absolutely loved how I was stumped at every turn with the murder mystery Trisha wrote so freaking well.

There is slight BDSM in it, but it goes so well with the characters and the theme of the book. And its not even fully BDSM. There is sexual contents, but OMG its completely set-your-kindle-on- fire hot and makes you want to read more of the passion that burns between our main characters. No words I can write will explain how amazing this book is.

I didn't love the cliff hanger (yes, there is one), but man, I'm pumped for the next book! I can see myself reading this book over and over, and never tiring of it, and yes, I absolutely recommend With Visions of Red to anybody looking for a new read.

I'm impatiently waiting for the next book, and I'm definitely going to continue to read Trisha Wolfe`s books. 5 out of 5 stars, and then some!

 photo signature.png

0 comments: