Thursday, October 27, 2011

Incarceron

Incarceron -- a futuristic prison, sealed from view, where the descendants of the original prisoners live in a dark world torn by rivalry and savagery. It is a terrifying mix of high technology -- a living building which pervades the novel as an ever-watchful, ever-vengeful character, and a typical medieval torture chamber -- chains, great halls, dungeons. A young prisoner, Finn, has haunting visions of an earlier life, and cannot believe he was born here and has always been here. In the outer world, Claudia, daughter of the Warden of Incarceron, is trapped in her own form of prison -- a futuristic world constructed beautifully to look like a past era, an imminent marriage she dreads. She knows nothing of Incarceron, except that it exists. But there comes a moment when Finn, inside Incarceron, and Claudia, outside, simultaneously find a device -- a crystal key, through which they can talk to each other. And so the plan for Finn's escape is born ...
xxx
Defiantly not the description on the back of the book I read, but its still good. I guess I should start my review out with this.
I have been trying to read this book for the past TWO years, and have finally been able to sit down and read it through. And I will admit, I quite enjoyed it. It was better than I thought it would be, and I didn't want to put it down. There werent any funny parts, which kinda made it a bummer. I mean, they are in a prison, so they should at least make a funny, right??
One thing I liked about this book is that there were always twists and turns and surprises, and it kept me on the edge of my seat. I loved the world, where a prison talks and there are many worlds inside of it. I think its pretty cool that these people banded together, or apart, to create their own little "paradise" inside of a hell, and on the Outside, how the queen rules and they live in the past, away from all the gadgets and gizmo's of today. I think it would be cool to live in a world like that, but with some of the benefits of today's era.
From the beginning, there is action, and it grabs you like a freaking fish caught on a hook. Before I knew it, I was in the middle of the book, my brain turning and turning, figuring out the mysteries of Incarceron. I was kinda bummed when, at the end of the story, they still didn't tell us who Sapphique was, even though they hinted that it was the warden. Butt... no more spoilers for you :P.
Comment below and tell me what you thought of the book.

<3: Ce-Ce Wroth

                                                  


0 comments: