Monday, December 12, 2011

The Hghlander`s Heart plus 2 more


The Highlander's Heart (Highlander #2)Fleeing into the wilderness to escape an abusive marriage, Lady Isabelle Tynsdale would sooner face down a wild boar than spend another night with her wretched husband. Battered by the elements, desperate to elude a band of attackers, and defending herself against, as fate would have it, a wild boar she is rescued by the handsome Laird David Campbell.
Campbell knows holding Isabelle captive for ransom is his best chance to temper the storm threatening to destroy his clan. The ransom of an English countess should be more than enough to pay off his debts to England and save him from an unwanted marriage. But Isabelle didn't escape her husband just to become another man's captive and Laird Campbell is seriously misguided if he thinks she's going to go quietly. - From Goodreads

Omg, I loved this book. Read it in like... 9 hours. Mom read it in less XD I mean it. One minute she was like four pages in and the next minute, she was halfway through. Im like -- WTF?!
>.<

It is true, this book is really awesome, and I am so happy I won it off of a blog and now have it on my book shelf. I was mostly interested in it because I love highlanders. Their just something about a man with a sexy-ass brogue in a skirt -- er... kilt. lol. But, Im glad I got it.

First off, the romance wasnt rushed. They took it nice and steady, and hell, didnt even know they liked each other like that. Oh, they liked liked -wink- each other. But they didnt even sleep with each other in THAT way, even though they wanted to realllyyy bad. Yay for morality!

Another thing is that I got more into depth with the history between Scotland and England. And to be honest, I didnt know that you only had to cross a river to get onto scottish soil. Another thing I didnt realize was that Scotland even  had a king. Sure, one of the characters in my book was a scottish princess, but that was out of my obsession with scottish people.
I like how the characters in this book were conficted about their loyalty for their king. really Juicy. Ate it up. Also gave us a couple of really good spats.
I didnt even realize that the hatred between Scotland and England was so thick. That also made for some juicy scenes. Thank god for good hearted Scottish guys! Am I right?
Or, as Isabelle calls him, a barbarian. Lol. I would swoon in her place. But thats just me.

Another really good thing about this book that made me eat it was the mystery. Nothing was really exposed until the end, and Im afraid to admit that most of the books I read now are very... open, for lack of words. I can guess the ending and that makes for a bad read. This one, you never knew who the real culprit is!
It opens up with a few hints on why Isabelle was running from her husband, and further on, she reflect on the past, to her wedding day, and why she had run from her husband. But, it never outright says what he did until she confesses that day to David.

Which that brings me to my next thought. David? I have never heard of that name on a highlander. It was interesting.
Another thing, under that subject, is that I got really in depth with the characters, and not just the main characters. I got to see what was going on in another clan, and the problems they did, and I have to say, this is one good peice of historical fiction that I have ever read. EVER!

I honestly have nothing bad to say about this book. I got the advanced readers copy, where the errors werent fixed. That was confusing and annoying, but thats just the copy I recieved. But no complaining from me!

I rate this book a Five out of Five, and if I could go any further, I would. I HIGHLY reccomend you read this book!

<3:Ce-Ce Wroth

Check out my givaway! Ending soon! This week I think. After that, I am giving away my paperback copy of Evermore. Im only giving away one thing at a time, mostly to get into the habit of it.
Another thing: I have made my buttton! Post it to your wall and show everyone that you are following me!
Also: Check out my new FB fanpage. It is a requirement to enter my current givaway, and you can now find it on the right side of the blog page. Just click on the big F.

0 comments: