Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Immortal Rider

Sexy, powerful, and immortal, Limos is on a crash course with destiny. She’s been marked as Satan’s bride and her jealous fiancé wants her all to himself. The only way this Horseman can keep herself—and everyone else—safe is to keep her distance. But not even Limos can save herself from the secrets she’s kept . . . or resist the seductive allure of one very brave human.

Arik Wagner knows the saying “love hurts” better than most, yet he never thought stealing a kiss from Limos would land him in Hell. Literally. It takes all his military training to survive the demon torture, but once he’s topside, Arik realizes that the agony has just begun. With the Apocalypse looming and Satan demanding his bride, will Arik and Limos surrender to the desire smoldering between them? Or will giving in to their passion unleash hell on earth?
-From Goodreads
---

I will admitt that I have not read the first book. But I dont give a damn! :D
I loved this book, and it combined a few of my favorite things:
Greek mythology
Romance
people
more romance
uh.... yea, I got nothing else.
Who knows why I love the books I read?? I will tell you one thing, though -- I adore books that make me cry. And this one made me cry... TWICE!
It automatically started out with some action, what with Arik landing himself in Hell and all. He really was in a lot of pain, and I kinda (didnt) feel for him. His pain apparently didnt seem to be elaborate enough. >.<
However, I will point out one thing. DEMONS HOLD A FRIGGEN GRUDGE!
And they say humans are bad...
I mean, I would have forgiven Limos for what she did. She was young and foolish and Im going to stop while Im ahead.
Really want to spill spoilers. Badly!
Some of the situations werent elabortated enough, it seemed. I get what goes on and such, but I dont get how they came up with the solutions.

But one thing that really got me was that they fall in love WAY too quickly. So far, my favorite couple is Than and Regan. Her names hard to remember. dont know why considering thats the name of one of the Valkyrie from the Immortals After Dark series.
They didnt fall in love too quickly. But man, when your called to get nocked up, she sure as hell gets nocked up. >.<

Another note: Im really going to stop reading excerpts from the back of the books. I WANT LETHAL RIDER!

Okay, so, I know this review isnt all that great, but I think I deserve a break. I have about two or three more reviews to do, and I have been suffering from migranes. I gave you all I could remember from the book, and if its not enough, then sorry. I read it, against better judgement, while my head was throbbing. Good news is I am getting something to end the misery! Now all I have to do is deal with my mouth...

P.S: Enter my givaway! Im giving a couple EBook copies of Blood Rights by Kristen Painter away! After that, almost immediatly, I will give away a paper back volume of a book I pull off my book shelf. No idea what it is, though.
Enjoy!
Update: I rate this book a 5 out of 5
Sorry I didnt post it originally. Iv really been out of it. Thanks for comment(s) :)

1 comments:

Julie S said...

I've heard great things about this author and this series. Thanks for the review.