Friday, April 12, 2013

*Pow!* Review: The Collector by Victoria Scott

So, you may have seen this bad buy around lately. His name is Dante Walker, and he will blow your socks off! Not really, but his arrogant attitude might make you want to take yours off and shove them in his mouth ;).

Everyone was just raving about The Collector, and because I had missed the deadline for the tour, I requested it on Netgalley as soon as I saw it pop up. And lemme tell you, it was better than I had expected! I do like my favorite book guys with some "swag", but Dante takes the cake. Hes borderline jerk, but for some reason I didnt hate him like I knew I should have.

I just sat there and grinned like an idiot because I knew by the end of the book he was going to get his ass handed to him by this little thing called L-O-V-E. It was so amazing, and I didn't mind that it was in first person POV at all. In fact, Dante was so hilarious that I couldn't help but laugh my ass off - or try not to because I didn't want the teachers to know I was ignoring them to read.



There isnt really much to say about this book. It brings a new perspective on Heaven and Hell, and angels and whatnot, and I loved how the story line played out. I was so totally ready to yell at the end of the book one of my "HA! Told you so!", but I didnt get a chance to because I was left guessing at every turn.

One thing I didnt like too much was Charlie`s name. Honestly, its too much of a guy name and the first time I heard it I was like, is this a book about gays? But no, its not, for those of you who are thinking the same thing. Dante is STRICTLY straight, and I have no doubt he would love to stay that way.

There isnt much to say without giving too much away, but I'm certain that by the next book Ill either be really ticked off with Victoria Scott or totally fan girling over Dante Walker. 

I recommend this book for anyone  16+ because of reference to sex, cussing, and underage drinking. If your into angels, demons, Heaven, Hell, or anything of that matter, I think your going to enjoy this one. Dante is witty and funny, and you wont be able to hate him. The unwilling hero?

Hot-As-Hell. And that says a lot, considering hes a demon ;P. And its an added bonus that he loves red... My favorite color!!

---
THE COLLECTOR (Dante Walker #1)
by Victoria Scott
Teen Paranormal Romance
Entangled Teen, April 2, 2013
ISBN: 9781620612422
Pages: 352 

Description:
Dante Walker is flippin’ awesome, and he knows it. His good looks, killer charm, and stellar confidence have made him one of Hell’s best—a soul collector. His job is simple: weed through humanity and label those round rears with a big red good or bad stamp. Old Saint Nick gets the good guys, and he gets the fun ones. Bag-and-tag.
Sealing souls is nothing personal. Dante’s an equal-opportunity collector and doesn’t want it any other way. But he’ll have to adjust, because Boss Man has given him a new assignment:
Collect Charlie Cooper’s soul within ten days.
Dante doesn’t know why Boss Man wants Charlie, nor does he care. This assignment means only one thing to him, and that’s a permanent ticket out of Hell. But after Dante meets the quirky Nerd Alert chick he’s come to collect, he realizes this assignment will test his abilities as a collector…and uncover emotions deeply buried.

ORDER ON AMAZON     ORDER ON BARNES&NOBLE    
ADD TO YOUR GOODREADS LIST        ORDER AN AUTOGRAPHED COPY


0 comments: