Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Review: Seduced by Innocence and Seduced by Pain by Kimberly Kinrade

When I signed up for these tours, I was only looking for more books to review because I didnt have enough reviews on my blog. Im just being honest here. Let me also state that I had also just finished reading Astarte`s Wrath by Trisha Wolfe.

Now, how that comes into play is this: Astarte`s Wrath was a lot more mature in the writing style, and while it was no biggie jumping from a First Person POV to another First Person POV, it was a biggie because the writing styles were TOTALLY different. Honestly, every book in the series reminded me of one of those stories on fanfiction that everyone reads instead of the well written stories.

And, there is a reason for that. The plot is so well developed and so damn interesting you cant help but to want more! No, I wasnt a big fan of the writing style, and no I wasnt a big fan of how the characters were a tad bit underdeveloped, but I did like the story.

Confusing, right?



Seduced by Innocence is the first book in the series, and the way I saw it, it was basically an introduction into the world that the Lovely Kimberly Kinrade had created. While it seemed insignificant, it actually played a major role in the setting and plot for the next two books. One thing I hated about this one was that it was in three different first person POVs. It got really annoying, but as the plot thickened, I realized that a lot of emotions that Ms. Kinrade had written into the story couldnt have been captured so perfectly if it was in third person POV. And at the start of each chapter they have a little picture that represents the character. Totally loved those. I actually laughed at Blake`s ;)

 There was so much emotions painted into this book that I couldnt help but be drawn into it. One thing that irked me though (other than the things above) is the fact that we go from (and this is in Rose`s POV) the girl being shy and unsure about herself to talking dirty in a heartbeat. It threw me because it was a total out of character.

But there really isn't much to complain about this book, other than the oblivous stuff I have already picked at. This book turned out to be something to fill my quota to a book I couldn't wait to devour, and I had read the whole series in two day -- all while going to school, doing work, walking over a mile home, doing more school work, cooking, and doing chores. 

In Seduced by Pain, it picks up where the first one left off. Things had happened, I wanted to immediately cry, and again I was swept up into the story. A new setting was introduced, and more break through. Rose`s secret had been uncovered and both she and Derek are trying to overcome that. It is a little more "hot and heavy" than the first one, but that just adds to the story, not hinders it.

I love how a new paranormal world is introduced, and while it seemed to be a little too fast for my liking, it was just as good as the first one, if not better. I read this one immediately after the first, so the emotions were still there.

I felt a little smothered by Rose, even though I know it is basically her story. I just wish there were more POV`s and less whining from her end. While I kind of liked her in the first one, my feelings for her became iffy the more she decided to throw a pity party.

All in all, I did love these books, and I am glad that I chose to read them, despite the fact that they definitely are not up to par with Astarte`s Wrath. I would recommend them to anyone 17+, if even that. They are hot and heavy, even more so in the second book. Dont say I didnt warn you!

I would totally buy them for my personal book shelf, and I look forward to reading more books by Kimberly Kinrade.

---

Seduced by Innocence (Seduced #1)

Seduced by Innocence (The Seduced Saga, Book 1 of Rose's Trilogy)
by

  Their passion will destroy them.
Only true love can save them.


"Liquid fire poured into me, filling me with the intimate sense of him as he leaned in to claim my lips with his own. I reached for him, needing him closer, but my arms couldn't close the distance between us, which grew wider with each hitched breath. So close to finally feeling something real, something carnal and deep, I cried out in frustration, dropping my hands as he disappeared. My cries deepened into a frenzy of panic and my eyes flew open. I clutched my blanket and stilled myself to calm my racing heart.

Just a dream. Always just a dream."

Rose Wintersong didn't have an ordinary upbringing. Raised in what most would call a hippy commune, but what is actually a powerful coven of witches, she never questions the life fate chose for her.

Until she meets Derek O'Conner.

Derek challenges everything Rose believes and forces her to see the secrets hidden beneath the whitewashed walls of her idyllic country life.

Rose knows she should walk away, that the sexy martial arts instructor is bad news bred to create discord in her tight community… but the animal magnetism between them is impossible to fight.

Caught between the passion of first love, and the steady beat of the life she's always known, Rose must choose between the innocence of her youth or the pleasures of womanhood—but lost innocence comes at a price, and Rose harbors a dark secret that could destroy everyone she loves—including Derek. 



Submit to the Seduced Saga as Derek and Rose face their future while unraveling the mysteries of their past.




Seduced by Pain (Seduced #2)

by
Seduced by Pain (The Seduced Saga, Book 2, Rose's Trilogy)
Their passion will destroy them.
Only true love can save them.

"Hope is a fragile thing, yet strangely enduring. It hides in the crevices of pain, burrowing deep until unseen, for fear that sorrow, in its rage, will devour hope's desperate hold on the heart.

It can live there for years, silent and waiting. Or, it can be slaughtered with a word— mankind's most powerful weapon.

They say that universes are created with words.

And with words, they are destroyed.

Just as mine has been."

In the sequel to Seduced by Innocence, Derek and Rose face even greater threats to their love. As Derek fights to protect his family's source of power, Rose struggles to control her own.

0 comments: