Monday, August 5, 2013

Review: How Beauty Loved the Beast by Jax Garren


How Beauty Loved the Beast (Tales of the Underlight, #3) 

 How Beauty Loved the Beast (Tales of the Underlight #3)

by
It’s all been leading to this.

Jolie Benoit has become a skilled agent of the Underlight, relying on her savvy to complete assignments while Sergeant Wesley Haukon was out of commission. But an unexpected clue to the Order of Ananke’s diabolical scheme rattles Jolie, and she turns to Hauk for comfort.

It’s been years since Hauk took comfort from the touch of another person, though his love for Jolie is deep and powerful. Uncomfortable in his skin, scarred by a terrible fire, he is unable to give in to the pleasures that Jolie so desperately wants to grant him.

Meanwhile, the Order is lurking in the shadows—and when they strike, the blow is swift and terrible. Hauk and Jolie scramble to fight for their community, but with the future of the Underlight threatened, no one is safe. And Hauk will never be the same…





Oh, Em, Gee! While I'm sad to see this series end, I must say I absolutely loved this book -- but most specifically, the ending! I'm going to say in advance, its just --- wow!!

Ok, Before I start fangirling, lemme start my review. I absolutely became hooked on this trilogy when it first came out, mostly because I love Beauty and the Beast retellings. Its my fave Disney movie, Belle is my favorite princess, and so on.

I love how the characters come out of their shells, especially Hauk. I mean, hes scarred to no end (both inside and out), and while Jolie has her own issues I just adore the fact that she helps Hauk out in ways Im certain that not even I could have. Their relationship is beautiful and smokin! This is the book that any fans of this power-couple have been waiting for.

I cried and laughed throughout most of this book -- mostly cried though. I was thrown through a loop time and time again, and it was really refreshing not to guess everything that's going to happen. The emotions and action ran high, and OMG I swear Hauk and Jolie did it like rabbits.

Anywhooo... without giving any details away (I try to keep my reviews spoiler free), I will say that this book deserves 5 stars, I will absolutely read more by Jax Garren, and I am proud to have read these books. If you haven't picked ANY up yet, quit fiddling your thumbs and go out to your nearest book store and buy the series! I guarantee that you wont be able to put them down.

 photo signature.png

0 comments: