Saturday, February 25, 2012

Review: Book of the Month, Clockwork Prince

Clockwork Prince (The Infernal Devices, #2)In the magical underworld of Victorian London, Tessa Gray has at last found safety with the Shadowhunters. But that safety proves fleeting when rogue forces in the Clave plot to see her protector, Charlotte, replaced as head of the Institute. If Charlotte loses her position, Tessa will be out on the street and easy prey for the mysterious Magister, who wants to use Tessa's powers for his own dark ends.
With the help of the handsome, self-destructive Will and the fiercely devoted Jem, Tessa discovers that the Magister's war on the Shadowhunters is deeply personal. He blames them for a long-ago tragedy that shattered his life. To unravel the secrets of the past, the trio journeys from mist-shrouded Yorkshire to a manor house that holds untold horrors, from the slums of London to an enchanted ballroom where Tessa discovers that the truth of her parentage is more sinister than she had imagined. When they encounter a clockwork demon bearing a warning for Will, they realize that the Magister himself knows their every move and that one of their own has betrayed them.
Tessa finds her heart drawn more and more to Jem, though her longing for Will, despite his dark moods, continues to unsettle her. But something is changing in Will; the wall he has built around himself is crumbling. Could finding the Magister free Will from his secrets and give Tessa the answers about who she is and what she was born to do?
As their dangerous search for the Magister and the truth leads the friends into peril, Tessa learns that when love and lies are mixed, they can corrupt even the purest heart.
-From goodreads


So, after two months of this book being on my book shelf, I have finally gotten around to it, and I am pretty glad that I was. Where there really wasnt as much action in the one, I was pretty glad that there was some romance. I am not entirely pleased nor dissapointed in how it ended, but Im not complaining. There is just this undeniable urge for Tessa to go to one boy, and she ends up with another one. I would have loved, though, to see more of her feelings, and just beyond what she feels when either one is kissing her.
Which that also raises a quiestion for me. Arent girls back then supposed to be shy and courted and to not have much interaction with the boys who fancie her because its improper? I think that no matter how hard Clare works to make this an "Old Time" book, hints of the furture still come into it.
I cant wait to see whats in store for the next book, because I would love to get more in depth with what the magister is doing. He wasnt in the book for even a second (only mention of him) and that kinda... dissapointed me. What would a story be without the appearance of the bad guy? But I guess substituting him for what he is planning to do is good enough.
Something I would like to note is my gratitude for whoever sent me a swag pack full of Mortal Instrament and Infernal Devices stuff. I received two small posters, two book marks, and other stuff, including the first chapter, signed, of Clockwork Princess. A few days later I received a hardback copy of City of Fallen Angels.
I am greatly anticipating the next book of the series, and I hope that my followers are reading the book and are enjoying it as much as I did. Please feel free to leave a comment with your post below.

1 comments:

aparajita said...

I totally loved this book and waiting for december to get my claws on clockwork princess.

anyways,

You have been Tagged... It would be great if you could join in, but its completely understandable if you prefer not to. If you choose to answer and do the tag, do let me know so I can check out your answers. You Have Been Tagged at: http://le-grande-codex.blogspot.in/2012/02/i-have-been-tagged.html