Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Guest Post: Author of Finding Alice, Andrea Digiglio - I heart all things supernatural and paranormal

I heart all things supernatural and paranormal

I was asked by a close friend why I chose the paranormal genre when I first began writing Finding Alice, truth be told there are too many answers to this question. The top answer is I really didn’t choose paranormal it chose me. What I mean is my love for all things supernatural, paranormal and honestly anything not (boring) human crept out of me and set the story in that direction before I ever knew who Alice really was. Regardless if I am writing or acting I completely submerge myself into the characters world. If I don’t believe their world is real how can I expect anyone else to, right?  
I believe it is easier for us all to get lost in an imaginary world filled with supernatural beings, to let go and believe that chivalry is in fact not dead and in these worlds our real life responsibilities don’t stop us from being the heroin who may just save all of mankind.  It’s the reason I love to read, to watch films, see live performances; if you let them for just a moment you may even feel your soul smile at the beauty of getting lost in a dreamers world. We all connect with the heroin in the story, their best friend or even their enemy. In all honestly how awesome would it be to spread your actual wings and fly? To wield a power filled with intense wrath toward our enemy? I would love to be a supernatural being but alas I am not. Instead I will continue on and roam Alice’s world as I resume writing The Alice Clark Series and just maybe I’ll wield some of my own powers in her realm.

Oh all things supernatural and paranormal, I heart you.


Andrea
XO



Alice is cursed with an intense version of empathy; she runs from a wasted life to start a new one somewhere no one will know her, Hell, Michigan. Alice works at a hole-in-the-wall bar in the middle of nowhere mostly keeping to herself to avoid the overwhelming emotions of those around her. Alice allows her best friend to convince her into taking a few college classes without realizing it would drastically change her life forever. From her first day of class she was hooked on him; his scent, his eyes, the way he talked to her inside her head.

Throughout her struggles she learns about true love, true pain and the truth of her own heritage. Alice must quickly find out who she is because after all everyone else is out to find her. With Angels and Bounty Hunter’s in constant pursuit she finds protection within a group of Fallen Angels. These Fallen Angels vow to do anything to protect her; for it is their belief she will save their kind and all of mankind.






Andrea was born and raised in Michigan, she still resided there with her son. Andrea has always been a writer at heart. Over the last decade she has written, starred and directed in many screenplays. She recently in the last few years decided to venture in writing novels. She hasn’t looked back since, giving
it her full attention. She is very excited to share the wonderful words she creates, with the world.

Book Title – Finding Alice
Genre – YA Paranormal Crossover
Formats – Ebook and Print
Publisher – CreateSpace
Release Date – February 19




Tour Schedule:

February 2 - Meet & Greet at VBT Cafe' Blog
February 6 - Guest Blogging at AZ Publishing Services
February 8 - Interviewed at BK Walker Books Etc
February 9 - Reviewed at Kindling The Fire
February 10 - Reviewed at E-Reading on the Cheap
February 13 - Guest Blogging at Wise Words
February 15 - Author SpotLight at This Author's Life
February 16 - Interviewed at The Detroit Live Show 10am
February 17 - Reviewed at Persephone's Winged Reviews
February 19 Book Release Party 5pm 
(Raffle, Meet & Greet, Q&A, Book Signing, Merchandise Available)
Dino's Lounge 
22740 Woodward Avenue
Ferndale, MI 48220-1734
February 19 - *Release Day* Guest Blogging with Ami Blackwelder
February 21 - Interviewed at Reviews & Interviews
February 22 - Guest Blogging at Ce's Ce's Garden of Reviews
February 25 - Reviewed at Words I Write Crazy
February 27 - Interviewed by Louise James
February 28 - Guest Blogging at Mad Moose Mama
February 29 - Reviewed & Interview at Ink Spots & Roses
March 2 - Reviewed at From The TBR Pile
March 5 - Interviewed at BK Media Entertainment 2pm EST
March 6 - Reviewed & Guest Blogging at Book Reader Addicts
March 8 - Interviewed at Unnecessary Musings

2 comments:

Nightly Cafe said...

Thank you for hosting Andrea today. :)


BK

Andrea DiGiglio said...

Thank you for being a host on my tour!